Feeding babies has to be fun, especially those growing into toddlers. But, it is essential to keep a check on what your baby is eating. You may want to include healthy, nutritious food to ensure healthy growth. Babies six months old need great care with food selection and palate development if you want them to have good eating habits. So, to help your baby grow both mentally and physically, you may want to have some newborn food ideas.
However, the precondition for preparing amazing baby foods is that you as a parent should be eager to cook baby foods by yourself.
‘Steam’, ‘puree’, and ‘freeze’ are the three simple steps you need to follow to prepare delicious homemade baby food.
Follow along and learn preparing a few basic purees that can develop your baby’s palate. As you practice our baby food recipes, you may want to add some new ingredients to the recipe and make your own blend. As you get involved with your baby while you feed them, you may want to try something new to know what your little one really likes eating. Also, practicing making baby foods also help you introduce your baby to a range of new delicious flavors and a healthy lifestyle.
Practicing making food on your own also ensures that ingredients for baby foods are easily available in the nearest market and are budget-friendly.
So, we have a two-way solution here. By cooking delicious, organic homemade baby foods you meet your baby’s daily requirements for nutrients, nurturing their healthy growth. Second, you meet the budget and save yourself from Packed baby foods that compromise on the organic content and are expensive too. So, let’s start with the 10-Must try Baby Foods at Home
1. Sweet Potatoes And Butternut Squash
Wherever you are, you will find this powerful baby food in the list of all recommended homemade baby food recipes. This food is not only ideal for developing a palate as it usually gives a burst of mouthwatering flavors to your baby, but also provides vitamin A to boost eye health. Foods that clear your baby’s vision and strengthen their eye muscles are essential to include in your baby’s diet. This super-powerful baby food will also enhance the functioning of the baby’s immune system.
To prepare this super-healthy baby food, follow the recipe carefully;
Butternut squash, cinnamon, and sweet potatoes are the main ingredients.Instructions:
- First, chop the vegetables into small chunks. Roast the chunks under 425 F temperature. Let the potatoes cool.
- Second, add 6-8 oz of water to your vegetables. You may need to add less if the potatoes are less or keep the amount of water the same if you want a thinner puree. Add the vegetables and water in the jug and blend until it turns into a smooth, delicious-looking puree.
- This baby food now has already become a feast for your baby’s eyes. It looks tasteful, filled with colors, and packs a high nutritious value.
- Fourth, to tempt your baby’s taste buds, here’s what you need to do. Remember we mentioned cinnamon in the main ingredients for this baby food recipe. Yes, you need cinnamon to tempt your baby’s palate. Just add a pinch. That would be enough for your little one!
2. Bango Fruity Puree
If your baby’s taste buds are tempted with something fruity, you can learn the recipe for this power-packed baby food that provides essential vitamins and other essential nutrients. Bango stands for Banana and Mango. Fruits are easily sliced with no additives. This is also the best newborn baby food idea since it serves the need for sweet while also provides an irreplaceable food with no added sugar. It’s completely natural and babies usually love it. Here’s what you need to do.Instructions:
We recommend having ripe fruits since raw fruits can affect digestion badly. Cut chunks of both fruits, put them in a jug, and blend until the puree is smooth. This is a low-fat food. It’s an excellent choice when you’re preparing homemade baby foods. It’s easy and hardly takes any time. You may also want to add a little yogurt to smooth the puree even more.
3. Pear-Applesauce Puree
Ever tried stretching out a spoon filled with applesauce towards your baby’s mouth? Your baby will surely come after it. Babies love sweet foods and juices. So, our next super-healthy, organic baby food is a pear-applesauce puree. It’s just another excellent idea for newborn baby food. To add an energizing flavor to the applesauce, we add ripe pears.
Ripe pears, apples, and cinnamon are all the ingredients you need.Instructions:
- Deskin the apples first and steam them. Cut them into small chunks.
- Add peer chunks in the jar and the soft apple pieces and blend until the puree is smooth.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon to lighten up the flavors, and serve.
4. Fruity Pear Puree
This one is one of the simplest to prepare. It’s tasty and healthy for your baby. Peer puree will provide essential nutrients and vitamins to your baby for growth.
You will need 4-5 pears, around 6-9 oz of water. However, if you want a thicker, less smooth puree, you may want to pour less water. So, make adjustments as you deem suitable.Instructions:
To prepare this sweet and flavorful baby food, here’s what you need to do;
- Cut pears into small chunks. Don’t forget to remove the seeds and the stem
- Heat peers and water in a pot. Heat at a high temperature
- When boiled, leave for 20-30 minutes with the burner switched to low heat. You will need to stir the pears occasionally making sure they are soft
- Blend and ensure the puree is smooth
- When the puree is smooth, all you have to do is pour the blend in the cube tray and allow it to cool in the freezer
5. Brown Rice Cereal
Rice is the staple item recommended for babies. It’s an ideal choice for introducing your baby to solid foods. However, to increase the protein content of the food and enrich your baby’s diet, we recommend using brown rice.
All you need is boiling water, rice, and formula milk.Instructions:
- Grind the brown rice in whatever quantity that suits you
- Add brown rice powder (ground rice) into the boiling water. You may add 2-3 tablespoons only. Whisk until the mixture becomes creamy
- Mix it with formula milk
- Store the mixture in an airtight container
6. Carrot Puree
Carrots are sweet, light and provide essential vitamins such as Vitamin A. It’s good for the eyes and healthy for your baby’s immune system.
All you need is 2 pounds of carrots and 2 ½ cups of water.Instructions:
- Make sure you wash carrots and clean them first
- Cut the carrots into small chunks. Make sure you have removed the stems as well
- Cook the carrots in a pot and pour the mentioned cups of water
- Cook for around 8-10 minutes, making sure the carrots are soft
- Allow them to cool
- Pour them in a jug and blend until the puree is smooth
- It’s all done now. Pour the mix in the cube trays and allow it to freeze
7. Prune And Apple Puree
Prune and Apple Puree is another power-packed baby food. Prune alleviates bowel movement saving your baby from problems of constipation. Digestion becomes easier. Plus, the addition of apples does the work of a natural sweetener. All in all, this is a very healthy semi-solid food for your baby.
1 organic apple, 2 prunes, 1 cup of water, and a few dried plums are all that you need to prepare this scrummy homemade baby food.
Note: You may want to use less water if you want a thicker puree. This is an one of the ideas to get the thicker puree or you can look for some other ideas too.Instructions:
- Wash all the fruits first. Cut them into small pieces. Remove the seeds and stems
- Heat apples and prunes in water with the burner set at a high temperature
- You have to cook for 8 minutes only. Stir occasionally
- Pour the contents into a blender and mix until you see a smooth puree
- Finally, it’s done. Now, pour the mix in a cube tray and allow it to freeze
8. Puree Made With Apple, Carrot, And Zucchini
This one is an excellent choice as well. Here’s what you need to prepare this delicious, super-healthy baby food. The recipe for this baby food is simple too.
12 oz of water, 2 fuji apples, ½ of carrot, and a pound of Zucchini. (You can also freeze the leftovers for later use)Instructions:
- Wash all the veggies before you do anything. Cut the Zucchini into small pieces
- You have to peel the carrots. Cut them into small pieces.
- Cut the apples into small chunks with seed and stems removed as well
- Now, heat the carrots in water for around 8 minutes. Stir occasionally
- Add apples and Zucchini. Cook for 5 more minutes
- Use the blender and mix until the final mixture is a smooth puree
- Pour into ice trays and allow it to freeze
9. Sweet Potato Puree
One of the most popular baby food recipes is the sweet potato Puree. There’s lots of fiber to improve digestion. This amazing baby food also backs high amounts of vitamin C and potassium. Plus, sweet potatoes are super healthy for your baby because they contain carotenoids, which strengthens the immune system of the baby and improves their eye health.
If you’re planning to make this puree, then the recipe for this baby food could be executed through either microwaving or baking. You can also boil the potatoes.
We recommend you to have 2 and a half pounds of sweet potato and around 8-10 oz of water to prepare the puree. You may add one or two more ounces of water if you want a thinner puree.Baking with Oven:
- Set the temperature to 400F
- Slice the potatoes
- Place the potatoes on the tray with the skinned side facing upwards
- Pour 8 oz of water
- Bake for an hour. The potato will have a bubble shape
- Cool for 15 minutes
- Remove the skin and put them in the jug with 8-10 oz of water and blend until the puree is smooth.
- You may want to pour and wrap the mix in cube trays and freeze
This technique may come in handy if you have a microwave that has a variety of baking options.
- Wrap the potato in foil paper and make holes in it with a fork
- Bake and allow to cool
- Pour 8-10 oz of water and the potato in the jug and blend until it's puree is smooth
- Pour the mixture into an ice cube tray. Cover it and freeze
You can also add a pinch of cinnamon to enhance the flavor of your puree.
10. Baked Potato Puree
Our recipe for this baby food includes getting broccoli, potatoes, and cheddar. The food is the best for your baby’s growing needs of nutrients and an excellent choice for daily diet.
The baked potato puree provides tons of iron, vitamins A and C. Since potato is the main ingredient, your baby will get lots of potassium and other vital nutrients . Also, interesting as it may seem, this broccoli baked potato puree is not only a baby food recipe, but it’s also a family favorite. You can enjoy it with your baby too. Cheddar cheese, broccoli, and baked potatoes are the essential ingredients for the recipe.
Here’s how you prepare this amazing baby food:
- First, bake potatoes in the oven as you would usually do. You may want to include broccoli and cheese to add a touch of flavors and enhance the nutritious value of the food
- Second, allow it to cool and apportion some potatoes for the baby. Maybe you would need 2 to 2.5 pounds of potato since this much would be ideal to prepare the puree.
- Third, to successfully execute our recipe for this homemade baby food, you would need 8-10 oz of water
- Fourth, pour the water and the baked contents in the jug and blend it until you see a smooth puree.